Friday, August 29, 2008

What's new in my gaming life?


Hello everyone! I'm really sorry I haven't been writing much lately. With the whole getting a job & training for the Metal Gear Online World Championship, it's been a pain in the ass trying to write all this news that has been coming out lately. So I thought I'd give you all an insight on my gaming life at the moment.

As of last night, I purchased both expansion packs to Super Stardust HD (The single & multiplayer packs) and Ratchet & Clank: Quest For
Booty. I gave the expansion packs a try. Endless Mode-This mode is INSANE. No joke. As high a score as I hold in the High Scores list, I thought I would be doing well, but I was wrong. I can't even survive 7 minutes without getting killed (That Trophy is a b**ch to get). Survival Mode-lmfao! Even worse! EVERYTHING swarms at you. Good luck. I did get a chance at the beginning to last 45 sec. without firing anything. Well I last 45.1 seconds lmfao. I still got the trophy. Twas a Golden one. Bomber Mode-This mode is the hardest mode in the game. You only have bombs. Wait....no boost, or weapons....just bombs? Yep. You have enemies flying at you and you only start off with 9 bombs. In order to get the trophy in this mode you have to get 15 bombs. No, not use them then gain a couple and add it all up. You have to have 15 bombs at once. That's hard as hell when you have enemies flying at you.

R&C:Quest for Booty is an amazing game!! It's only a couple hours long but hey, I only paid $15 for it. The game runs on the same engine as FTOD (Future Tools of Destruction) so it's guarinteed to be amazing. The voice acting, the graphics, the storyline, environment....they are all stunning. Any of you out there who has beaten FTOD HAS TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!

The MGO WC Tournament hasn't been too bad. It's been a lot of fun, and also a lot of work. Having to work everyday and take time to train has been a pain sometimes. We have lost two game so far. The first match was against NeoGaf. They were good and we held our fort down well. The last couple of matches were extremely close but hey, congrats to NeoGaf for doing a great job! The second match was insane. The guys there were really good. They stayed well hidden and their accuracy was very good. Clean headshots and all. Congrats you guys as well!!! (Still have no clue what your names are...lol.)

The wonderful people (Liars) at Sony promised us on the 7th of August that Life with Playstation AND The Home Expanded Beta invites for North America will be out by the end of August. So....it's August 29th, no news, no nothing. Yes yes I know what you all are saying, "There's only two days left in the month, so wait!" Well last time I checked, that's a weekend. Nobody works on the weekends most of the time. I doubt they'll release anything for us on the weekend. Thanks again Sony. You do great at what you do (lying to us)!

Besides the Home Beta, on September 1st, another great beta will be opened to all you people who paid your way in (including me). Yes, the Socom U.S. Navy Seals: Confrontation Beta will start on Sept. 1st. Within the next 2-3 days you all should be recieving your codes from Sony (Can't wait to get mine!!!!). Best of luck to all of you that Neo & I face on the beta!

So I finally decided to put more time & effort into Bionic Commando: Rearmed and realized that it is an amazing game! Most people play a little and usually never complete it, but damnit, I am proud to say that I took the time to complete and by God, is one of the best PSN games to date! The gameplay gets better once you have aquired the extended Bionic Arm that allows you to grab soldiers that throw them across the level. Trust me, with tons of soldiers throwing grenades and such at you, throwing them in a pit or at an explosive barrel, takes the anger away.

Well, with the recent lust to play fl0wer, I have decided to go back and play fl0w. fl0w is a really innovative game that utalizes the SixAxis function to control your creature. Most people assume it's a pointless game, but if you really pay attention, it's about the emotion. The graphics are beautiful and when I say beautiful, I mean BEAUTIFUL. For all of you that haven't gotten the chance to place this masterpiece, fl0w is on sale for $7.99 on the PSN. This package ALSO INCLUDES the fl0w expansion pack as well. So jump on this sale as soon as you can!

What a gamer eh? Well, that's all I have to say for now, but next week I'm sure I will have some goodies about Home (MAYBE), and the Socom Beta. So keep your eyes peeled on this site and you'll be informed well!! Thanks for reading!

No comments: