Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Kingpin's Perspective on the fight between Playstation 3 & Xbox 360


Sony's Playstation 3 vs. Microsoft's Xbox 360. A battle that has been fought well for the last 2 years. As a Sony Fanboy, I should be favoring Playstation and Playstation only right? Wrong. As much as I love the Playstation brand to death, I also approve of the 360. One thing that impresses me about the 360 is Xbox Live, an extremely well done add on for the 360. I have never had a problem with Xbox Live. If Sony would have something organized like Xbox Live, we wouldn't have too many problems with online connections and such. Sony relies too much on other companies working the online portions for them, while Microsoft handles it themselves. EA & Gamespy have some of the worst online connections in the world. It's so hard to have a fun game without massive amounts of lag ruining it. Sony needs to take matters in their own hands and work hard on stabalizing one central online system to take care of all games with online compatability. Sony has the games. No doubt about it. Microsoft might have Fable, Halo, & Gears of War, but Sony has Metal Gear Solid, Little Big Planet, Killzone, Resistance, inFamous, SOCOM, God of War, and many more. Now I know I mentioned more games than 360 but hey, We have the games. Deny it all you want but we do. I think trying to bring all us gamers together with Playstation Home also is a major plus. Blu-Ray beating HD-DVD was a stab to the chest to Microsoft. Maybe this is sounding more in Sony's favor just because I'm more of a games person and let's face it, Sony has 1st & 3rd Party support and Microsoft is more Online based. In all, I like the 360 when I'm playing online games, but their single player games don't really impress me. Sony needs to work more on its online side and keep on track with where there going with their 1st & 3rd party titles. Also, bring in more Playstation 1 titles too Sony!!! We're sick of Japan getting every damn PS1 titles known to man. Anyways...I'm a Sony Fanboy and proud to admit, but I'm not completely blind. I understand when Sony has its problems that need to be fixed. Viva la Sony!

No comments: